Under the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), Bream Orchards is required to follow strict food safety and quality assurance guidelines to continuously monitor and control potential hazards to produce. For more information, please explore the following:
- All packaging done in a clean, sanitary environment.
- Strict temperature control
- Machinery and equipment is continuously cleaned, inspected, and monitored
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM) system in place
- Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) agreement with all suppliers
- Specific raw product specifications
- Consistency in taste, texture, and microbiologically safe
- Inbound product critically evaluated prior to receiving
- A Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point plan, also known as HACCP, is in place for all product processes.
- All critical control points are monitored, verified, and validated.
- Internal inspections conducted daily
- Annually inspected and evaluated to receive PrimusGFS certification
- Weight control of boxes to meet minimum weight requirements
- Microbiological testing
- Master sanitation schedule followed with Sanitation Operating Procedures
- Use of hair nets and gloves
All employees receive extensive training in areas of quality control, sanitation, and production.
- From raw product to finished product delivery to the customer
- Internal mock recalls performed